Good morning Primary 1.
How are you all? The Primary 1 teachers are still missing you lots and wish we could be back in school together. It is great to see all the photos you are sharing of the work being done at home. You are making us very proud teachers! Keep up the great work and please continue to post your photos on the Learning Journals.
Ms Fox has created some learning activities you might want to try to help develop your art skills while you are at home. She is missing working with you and wants you to continue to practise drawing different objects and things you see in your everyday life. Here are some of the suggestions she gives:
1. On your daily walk you could pick up a leaf, flower or interesting object to draw when you return from your walk, or draw these items from your garden or from your window.
Here are some interesting objects I have found on my walks:
2. Do a drawing of your back garden or of your house from the outside, or a drawing of your favourite room in the house.
3. Draw a member of your family.
4. Draw a pet, or an animal or bird that you see on your daily walk. You could always ask your parents or guardians to take a photograph for you to make it easier
5. Create a poster of the things that you think about when you think of ‘Summer’. This could include the word ‘Summer’ in bubble writing so that you can decorate inside the letters. You may wish to include a picture of the sun, flowers growing, leaves on the trees, cold drinks or salads, your favourite summer outfit, the games that you like to play in summertime (tennis, badminton, pass the ball, running, etc). Your poster should be ablaze with summery colours and drawings.
The most important thing here is that you are practicing your drawing skills no matter what you draw and most of all, that you have fun!!
We will share any photos of your drawings with Ms Fox. I know she will love seeing your super work!
Keep working hard and as always please get in contact if you have any questions.
Miss Christy, Miss Daun and Miss Cunningham