We hope you are well and are enjoying the last week of school before the summer holidays. Are you having fun with the virtual Disney trip activities on this week’s grids? What is your favourite activity that you have done so far?
Our focus for today’s blog is our Rights Respecting Schools Award. We are exploring Article 30. This article is all about minority or indigenous groups, culture, language and religion. In other words, every child has the right to learn and use the language, customs and religion of their family no matter where they live. Have a little look at the activities below and you could try to complete one of them over the next few days.
- Can you find out how to say ‘Hello, how are you?’ in 3 different languages.
- Do you know any traditional dances? Research these safely online with an adult and practise the steps.
- Find 10 characters from your favourite books. Do they come from a range of cultures or are they all just like you?
- Culture means traditions that groups follow like food, dances, song and clothes. Draw or write about what is important in your culture. Then think of someone who comes from a different culture and share safely with them what is important about culture for each of you.
- Watch ‘If the World were a Village of 100 People’ to find out about people around the world.
- Keep a food and drink diary for the week. What cultures do your food and drink come from? Which are your favourites?
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch. Thank you for everything you are doing at home. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Miss Cunningham, Miss Daun and Miss Christy